The program is targeted at executives who are moving into a people manager role from an individual contributor role. The components include –
- Time management
- Conducting effective meetings
- Hire right talent
- Develop and nurture talent
- Building the team
- Negotiation skills
The program also comes with an option to DISC profile one’s leadership style thereby giving the participant a perspective about her current managerial approach.
In daily life Brands command an important part. We either use them or part of a brand. The word brand evokes the values and traits associated with a product. We can recall them very quickly even if we haven’t used it at any point of life. The advertisements, promotions behind the brand puts them in a position which we can easily relate. Similarly, we as professionals also stands for some special values and qualities which are being communicated to the external world . In that case doesn’t our ‘Brand’ also requires some management. The course outlines and takes the participants through the various ways and methods how to unravel the brand in us.
- What is Branding
- Why should you build your personal brand
- Create your Vision Statement
- Define your target Audience
- How to Build your online Assets
- How to Gain Personal free press
- Why and how to get you a Mentor
- You are UNIQUE
Emotional intelligence or emotional quotient is the capacity of individuals to recognize their own, and other people’s emotions, to discriminate between different feelings and label them appropriately, to use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior, and to manage and/or adjust emotions to adapt environments or achieve one’s goal(s). It is often quoted that this is the single most important skill which is required to make or break one’s career and which will be in high demand for the future.
- Self-awareness – You recognize your own emotions and how they affect your thoughts and behavior. You know your strengths and weaknesses, and have self-confidence.
- Self-management – You’re able to control impulsive feelings and behaviors, manage your emotions in healthy ways, take initiative, follow through on commitments, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Social awareness – You can understand the emotions, needs, and concerns of other people, pick up on emotional cues, feel comfortable socially, and recognize the power dynamics in a group or organization.
- Relationship management – You know how to develop and maintain good relationships, communicate clearly, inspire and influence others, work well in a team, and manage conflict.